Friday, August 19, 2011

Thank you Jack Johnson.

This weekend, Mr. Huff went out of town for a bachelor party in Ohio at Put-In Bay. What a fantastic opportunity for a girl’s weekend. Friday evening Vernie girl and I packed the car and spent an evening with my parents and then Meghan, Katie and I went to Chicago the next morning.

Who does not love a road trip with some candy and two of the girls who make you laugh the most? The past few weeks have rocked my world. I need nothing more than to get the h-e-double hockey sticks out of town and away from the suburbia life.

The city gave me a nice dose of what I needed: laughs, rooftop cocktails, shopping, gluten free cupcakes and a beach breeze. I feel refreshed.

Sunday night as I lay in bed, and I look over at Mr. Huff it hit me. No one says it better than Mr. Jack Johnson himself,

“I’ll tell you one thing, it’s always better when were together.”

Yes, I got what I needed from the girls trip, but my goodness did I miss my husband. There is no greater feeling than crawling into bed after a weekend apart and snuggling up next to one another. When I’m with my love ; I feel safe and sound, complete and all is okay in the world.

It goes with out saying, we are better together. For that, I am one lucky lady.

No comments: