Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Well, well, well it's another Thankful Thursday.

My goodness friends, I have been in a funk lately.  But, after dinner with my lovely Nana and Momma McCoskey, I have a renewed spirit and for that I am thankful.

This weekend Mr.Huff, Vernie girl and I are going away for a long weekend.  I am ecstatic for a get-a-way with the ones I love the most.

And last, but not least by any means.  A week ago I realized I have had Type 1 Diabetes for 29 years.  Holy cow, 29 years.  Your thinking about my age, I knew it.   Ya, whatever I was 2 years old when I was diagnosed.  I am beyond thankful for all of the work my parents put in and how they took care of me at such a tender age.  Thank you Dad, for always calling me "Super Manders" whenever I took a shot or you checked my blood sugar.  Thank you for calling home everyday to find out what my blood sugars were while you were away at work.  Thank you Mom, for giving me a "star " for every shot or prick to my finger.  Thank you for jumping out of bed and rescuing me with OJ in the middle of the night.

Thank you to all of my friends, who have asked me if I was okay and told me to check my blood sugar.  Thank you Kalow, for taking over the role of juice finder and my biggest support.  You all are the reason I am here to today, healthy and sound.  For that, I am thankful.


No comments: